The Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD) and the Georgia Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus (CVBs) recently honored the state’s top tourism professionals for their work to ensure the industry remains successful. Their contributions have helped Georgia tourism generate a record $63.1 billion in economic impact and employ more than 460,000 residents.
Recognized at the 2018 Georgia Governor’s Tourism Conference were:
- Dunwoody CVB
- Fannin County Chamber of Commerce
- Woodstock Visitors Center at the Woodstock CVB
- Becky Kelley at the Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites
- Columbia County and the Columbia County CVB
- Paul Milliken at Good Day Atlanta on WAGA Fox 5
- Hospitality Highway (GA 400) Farm Trail Partnership
- S. Rep. Hank Johnson (District 4)
- Tyron Spearman at the Tifton-Tift County Tourism Association
Photo of tourists aboard Fannin County’s Blue Ridge Scenic Railway provided by GDEcD.