Twenty-four businesses from 15 counties recently received GLOBE (Georgia Launching Opportunities By Exporting) Awards at the 2017 Go Global reception. The Georgia Department of Economic Development-led awards program recognizes companies that entered a new international market in the previous year. This year’s winners, most of which are small businesses, collectively expanded into 129 new markets in 2016.
Along with the awards presentation, the fourth annual Go Global reception offered opportunities for Georgia companies to network with representatives from international markets, including Brazil, Canada, China, Chile, Columbia, Europe, Israel, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Congratulations to the 2017 GLOBE Award winners:
- AMK9, West Point
- American Panel Corp., Alpharetta
- Aventure Aviation, Peachtree City
- Bell Plantation, Inc., Tifton
- CentricsIT, Norcross
- Crider Foods, Stillmore
- Ecolink Inc., Tucker
- GF Health Products, Inc., Atlanta
- Global Atlanta, Atlanta
- Heat Technologies Inc., Atlanta
- Hydro Dynamics, Inc., Rome
- Innovative Supplies Worldwide, Inc., Columbus
- Interactive Communications International Inc., Atlanta
- MuniRem Environmental LLC, Duluth
- One World Inc., Tucker
- OptiLedge LLC, Newnan
- PolyCase Ammunition LLC, Savannah
- Quantum Aviation Solutions, Athens
- Richland Rum, Richland
- SASCO Chemical Group, Inc., Albany
- Savannah Bee Co., Savannah
- The Seydel Companies, Pendergrass
- Vayando, Atlanta
- Zcorum, Alpharetta
To learn more about international trade in our state, check out “Open for Global Business” in the June issue of Georgia Trend.
Photo of the 2017 GLOBE Award winners, with Gov. and Mrs. Nathan Deal (center), courtesy of the Georgia Department of Economic Development.