This summer, children ages 6-12 have great opportunities to stay busy and explore the outdoors through Georgia State Parks & Historic Sites Junior Ranger program. Three levels of Junior Ranger badges can be earned at single-day and multi-day camps in several of the state parks, including:
- D. Roosevelt, Pine Mountain
- Florence Marina, Omaha
- Skidaway Island, Savannah
- Smithgall Woods, Helen
- Tallulah Gorge, Tallulah Falls
- Red Top Mountain, Acworth
- Fort Mountain, Chatsworth
- Indian Springs, Flovilla
Activities include identifying trees and wildlife, hiking, swimming, learning about history and camping.
Photo courtesy of Georgia Department of Natural Resources.